(The Women’s Commission was defunded 7 yrs ago.)
Career politicians and long-term state legislators did not like the outcome of a vote on House Bill #100 (a victory for the people), so they called the bill to the floor again for a re-vote via House Rule 40.
- Rep. Mike Moyle takes over the Speaker’s position so the speaker can argue against the bill.
- Speaker Scott Bedke argues against the bill.
March 2, 2015: House Bill #154 would require a physical exam from a doctor to prescribe abortion pills.
- Rep. Heather Scott (For) (This is unsafe to women.)
- Rep. Sue Chew (Against) (Safe and early abortion will keep a woman out of poverty.)
- Rep. Heather Scott (For) (Have to go to Dr. for bladder infection—why not for abortion?)