Career politicians and long-term state legislators did not like the outcome of a vote on House Bill #100 (a victory for the people), so they called the bill to the floor again for a re-vote via House Rule 40.
- Rep. Mike Moyle takes over the Speaker’s position so the speaker can argue against the bill.
- Speaker Scott Bedke argues against the bill. (He is in favor of the special rights for legislators.)
- Rep. Ilana Rubel, a Democrat, argues in favor of the bill. (Against special privileges for legislators.)
- Rep. Heather Scott argues in favor of the bill. (Against special privileges for legislators.)
- Victory—the bill passes a second time! Defeat—Senate establishment.